British Heart Foundation
The British Heart Foundation fund over £100 million of research each year into all heart and circulatory diseases and the things that cause them. Heart diseases. Stroke. Vascular dementia. Diabetes. They’re all connected, and they’re all under their microscope.
Research has given us machines that can restart hearts, the ability to fix arteries in tiny babies, the power to give someone a heart they weren’t born with, and so much more.
But heart and circulatory diseases still kill 1 in 4 in the UK, they cause heartbreak on every street. And that’s why The British Heart Foundations work is as urgent and vital as ever.
Their research is the promise to protect the people we love. Our parents. Our brothers. Our sisters. Our grandparents. Our closest friends.
Research is who they are. The promise of future preventions, treatments and cures.
People’s donations have got them this far. Every breakthrough they have made has been funded by people like you.
Conditions like heart diseases, stroke, vascular dementia are all linked by your blood not flowing properly. That’s why The British Heart Foundations research starts with your heart but doesn’t stop there. Their research is unlocking the connections between heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors.
As the largest independent funder of research into heart and circulatory diseases in the UK, we will focus our efforts on accelerating discovery and turning discoveries into life-saving medical advances.
So, with the ambition of investing more than £1bn in research over the next ten years, they will:
- Fund research into all heart and circulatory diseases and their risk factors
- Fund research across the full spectrum from discovery science to innovation in practice
- Attract, nurture and support the brightest minds and the best ideas
- Make strategic investments to address unmet needs and seize new opportunities
- Actively develop new national and international partnerships to maximise our impact
- Use our position as a major research funder to influence the research environment
- Measure and share the impact of the research we fund
The British Heart Foundation and NCIMI
British Heart Foundation has partnered with NCIMI (National Consortium of Intelligent Medical Imaging) to investigate the role that AI can play in medical imaging.
To learn more about them please visit their website.